The last meeting of Presentation Senior School’s Board of Management took place in the school on Wednesday 14th January 2015. It was agreed that the following information would be communicated to all members of the school community:
- The revised policy on Healthy Eating was ratified by the Board.
- The revised curriculum plan for English was also ratified.
- New furniture will be purchased by the school to accommodate the increased enrolment figures expected in September 2015. A grant has been sanctioned by the DES.
- The Board supports the school’s application for participation in the Erasmus Plus programme. Erasmus Plus is an extension of the Comenius Programme.
- The boys’ toilets, under construction, at the rear of the main building will be completed before the open evening on the 22nd January.
- The board of management supports the 5K run fundraising initiative proposed by the Parent/Guardian Association.
- The board supports the school’s pro-active approach to raising awareness in relation to bullying. Board members hope the workshop organised for Tuesday 20th January by the Parent/Guardian Association will be well supported.
- The board wishes to express gratitude to every member of the school community who supported the Parent/Guardian Association’s Christmas raffle which raised over €3000.
- The Board wishes to thank staff for providing the parents/guardians of children enrolling in September with an opportunity to view the school’s facilities at an open evening on Thursday 22nd January.