Copy of email sent to parents/guardians on Friday 8th November 2013
This text maybe be translated to a different language using the Google Translate tool available on this website.
Presentation Senior School has established a new Parent/Guardian Association. All parents/guardians are members of this association. The following parents/guardians are member of the association’s committee:
- Samantha Flynn (Chairperson)
- Caroline Egan (Secretary)
- Sean Cotter (Treasurer)
- Catherine Denieffe
- Marie Therese Cotter
- William Tubridy
- Georgina O’Connor
- Ajith Kanattege
The committee has had a number of meetings and are currently working on the following:
- Developing a Parent/Guardian Association Constitution
- Affiliation with the National Parents’ Council (NPC)
- Purchasing suitable insurance cover for the association
- Opening a new bank account and developing accounting procedures that are fully open and transparent for the parent/guardian body
- Developing a plan of activities for the 2013 – 2014 school year
- Finding parent/guardian representatives to represent our association on the NPC special interest groups.
- Developing a Parent/Guardian Association page on the school website
We are looking for parents/guardians to volunteer to represent our association on the following NPC special interest groups:
- Special Educational Needs
- Migrant Community
- Traveller Community
- Minority Religions (non Roman Catholic)
More information in relation to the NPC special interest groups is available at http://goo.gl/fmFftR. If you are interested in representing our Parent/Guardian association on one of these special interest groups, please complete the form on the front page of the school website – www.presentationmullingar.ie – before Friday 15th November.
More information in relation to the activities of the Parent/Guardian Association will be made available to parents/guardians in the coming weeks.