The ICT group’s workshops will take place in the school between 2:30pm and 3:45pm each Thursday evening. Due to the limited number of places, children who are interested in participating are asked, along with their parents/guardians, to complete the application form below and return it to the school secretary on or before Tuesday 24th September.
A Google Apps for Education account and a Microsoft Office 365 account will be set up for each child who participates. The workshops will be enjoyable and children will have an opportunity to collaboratively learn new skills including the following:
- Internet Safety Skills
- Internet Applications
- Internet Statistics e.g. Google Analytics
- Email, Contacts, Calendars, Web Albums
- Create, save, print, rename, copy, delete, move, upload, download, share, send and publish electronic files
- Voice recording and uploading mp3 files to school website
- Develop improved skills with a laptop, chromebook, tablet and smartphone
- Local and remote storage of electronic files
- Print and scan files
- Use of digital camera
- Edit images and videos
- Create and embed web 2.0 technologies in the school website
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Only those children who are interested in developing these skills should apply for a place in the ICT group. The workshops are probably most suitable for children in fifth and sixth classes but applications from any child enrolled in the mainstream classes will be considered.
A copy of this notice was sent to all parents/guardians by email on Tuesday 17th September.